Tea Cozie Cottage

Tea Cozie Cottage
Betty @ tea cozie cottage

Monday 30 April 2012

April 3rd, PRP (post radiation party) Tea


This was an afternoon tea held for a girlfriend Cheryl, who has been battling chemo and radiation. She had her last radiation treatment a couple of days before, so what better way than an afternoon tea.
The colour scheme was pink, served scones, clotted cream,w/honey butter, tiny egg salad bites, cucumber tea sandwiches, peanut butter bannan swirls, cupcakes, strawberries with white chocolate and marscapone cheese and merangues.

Cheryl and Lynda, both cancer survivors, my mother Mary and two daughters, Tricia and Tara and girlfriend of Cheryls Sharon made up 7, just a nice intimate size.
,


honey butter

the guest of honour

This was something that I have wanted to do for years, something we won't forget for a longtime...


Sunday April 8th, our family Easter Dinner

My grandson Trey and I made the eggs, painted them
and then put a symbol (scrapbooking eyelet) on each
egg to represent who was sitting at each setting. Topped off with a
feather, gawdy, but we had fun.

colours were purple and silver for easter

our little chicks, they wouldn't stand so had to
leave them laying on the plate.

My Mouth shall fe filled with Your praise and with
Your honor all the day.
        
Psalm 71:8



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your friend for finishing her chemo! Yay for her! I hope she is doing well and that her healing continues on.
    Your party for her is so sweet. What a kind way to honor someone who has gone through such a challenge. The food sounds delicious, and even the honey butter is pretty!
    I am so glad you were able to get your post linked up! Thank you for joining us for Tea Cup Tuesday.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty,
    I'm glad to hear your friend has finished her chemo! And what a lovely table you have set for her. The food looks fabulous and the honey butter even looks pretty! What really caught my eye are those adorable chicks! I have never seen eggs done up like that before. They are so cute! I hope you and your friend enjoy tea time together for years to come! Thank you for sharing and please stop by and say Hello. Enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eggs are the cutest thing I have ever seen! I hope I remember to do that by next Easter.
    Happy for your tea for your friend and good luck and good health to her. A tea in her honor is just what she needed I bet. How lovely.
    I don't know how to link up but I hope you will come and visit our tea blog at:
    http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete